Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hedgehog


Hedgehog is a tiny spiny mammals that is so cute and unique, it can lived for so many years. My serious opinion is that hedgehog is like one of my favourite pet as it is easy to maintain and take care plus it is hard to die, sometimes i had to go outstation for 2 days and within that period the food in my hedgehies bowl is finished but they still can manage it. ^^

Hedgehog that i got from my breeder are the common hedgehog than you can get from the pet store, we have 4 different colours that we can provide :

1) Salt Pepper ( Black & White )
2) Albino ( White )
3) Cinnamon ( Light Brown )
4) Special Color ( When they come from mix parent )

I loved hedgehogs as they are easy to take care and dispite they have tiny spikes on its back, it is still fine for me touching, carrying and playing with it. Hedgehog are like hamster they need those wood shaving as bedding. Hedgehog are noctournal animal so pratically sleep alot during the day ( * do not disturb too much when they sleep during the day, they might get stress ).

As for dietry you do not need to spend alot on buying their food from the pet store that cost alot, for myself and many other breeder that i know, we basically feed them with cat/dog biscuit that is good quality and rich in nutrients and protein. As for me, i called my cat biscuit " Power Feed " as they increase the size and as it say power for my hedgies as it has alot of protein and nutrients. However, mine have to be import from Japan as it is not available in Malaysia. But dont worry those cat/dog biscuit with good quality are fine.

I also feed my hedgies with meal wroms once or twice a weeks as it is good for them, it is rich in protein and they loves it alot. Once in a while i put some apple for them to lick those sweet apple juice.

I have a weird habit of showering my hedgies which not many people do. And I also noticed my hedgies do enjoy their bath time every week.

1 comment: